Online Video Performance & Statistics | 2018 Report
85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links.
An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year.
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- 83% of those using video think it gives them a good ROI; 82% think it’s a key part of their strategy.
- Of those that aren’t using video, 73% have bought a product after watching a video.
- 97% of businesses using explainer videos say it helps users understand their business better.
- 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool.
- Among those surveyed, 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% said support calls were reduced.
85% of Facebook video is watched without the sound
- Nail the first six seconds. There are thousands of videos on Facebook targeted to grabbing the attention of the same audience you’re going after. Engage your viewers in the first six seconds of the video, and they’re much more likely to watch it all the way through.
- Embrace subtitles. More than 80% of your audience is going to watch videos on mute. Hence, subtitles become vital for engagement. You can either create subtitles directly or generate them when you upload your videos to Facebook by clicking on the “generate captions” button.
- Drive with emotions. By tapping into the psychology of your ideal customers, you can significantly increase engagement with the videos you create by understanding what makes someone click, share or like your content. Check out this article to dive into what makes people interact with content on social media.
- Post directly to your page. Uploading videos directly to Facebook ranks you higher in the newsfeed. So, don’t share your YouTube video links on Facebook. Instead, post your videos directly to your page.